Tuesday, February 11, 2014

WEEKLY WEARS: VINTAGE VALENTINE

Last weekend when we were exploring our city, I decided to wear this pink dress.  I'm not sure what we'll be doing for Valentine's Day, but this would be the perfect outfit (so I just may wear it again this weekend:). 
The dress actually belonged to Wade's mom.  She was so tiny that this is the only dress that fit me. Sheath dresses are very forgiving.  It's really comfortable, though, and I love the eyelet fabric and little white buttons. 
I wore this dress a few Halloweens ago when we went as Sam and Suzy from Moonrise Kingdom.  That will always be my all time favorite Halloween costume.  At the time someone had said they would be wearing this dress as a normal outfit and that got me thinking as I was looking through my closet trying to come up with an outfit that didn't involve leggings and a huge sweater.
I wanted to tone down the pink, so I added pops of blue and stayed up late hand stitching my hair clip.
Outfit Details:  Dress, Vintage // Blouse, Ann Taylor Loft // Tights, Target // Shoes, Old Navy // Hair Clip, Made by me

 Got any fun ideas for a Valentine's Day outfit this year?  Will you be braving the crowds or opting for a night in, whether it be with your main man or galentines?  We usually cook dinner at home.  And by "we", I mean Wade.  His cooking is way better than most restaurants, and I like being the taste tester.

10 comments:

  1. That dress is beautiful, and that's pretty amazing that it was your Mother-in-law's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! I was so happy she kept it all these years. Things definitely come back in style:)

      Delete
  2. A lovely dress, you look amazing. I don't do Valentines day, but I do hope you have a lovely time. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CJ:) I hope you have a lovely weekend then and get some better weather to enjoy!

      Delete
  3. This outfit is perfect!! <3 How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! I love that hair clip, too. We actually have a family dinner to go to on Valentine's Day so we won't be celebrating! That's okay by me... I'm not a huge Valentine's Day fan! Last year all we did was get a heart shaped pizza from Minsky's! Hope you guys have fun!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those heart shaped pizzas are the best! We'll probably just play it pretty low key, too. Thanks so much for your sweet comment:)

      Delete
  5. So feminine and festive! I really like your hair pin! It's subtle yet makes a statement! You look beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always know just what to say to make me smile:) Thank you!!

      Delete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!