Monday, July 14, 2014

MY FAVORITE APPS: POSTAL PIX

 So the other week I shared my favorite photo app, Hipstamatic, for getting those cool, vintage looking photos.  If you've downloaded the app, are you loving it?  If so, then you've probably started wondering how to get all these awesome pictures from your phone to your hands.  Enter Postal Pix.
 
Postal Pix is a free app that allows you to select photos from your phone and then ships the prints directly to your door within a few days.  There's a printing option through the Hipstamatic app, but the prices are much higher than Postal Pix.  I like this option since it's hard to find a place to actually print the 4x4 size photos that Hipstamatic and other apps, like Instagram, produce.  You can also print traditional 4x6 pictures and collages, too.  Bonus!

 

App Name: Postal Pix
Cost: Free
Description:  Lets you order real photo prints of pictures from your phone.
Available: iPhone and Android

Review:  Awesome sauce!  I feel the prices are fairly reasonable.  Each 4x4 print is $.29 + shipping.  That's a little more than Target or Walmart, but the easy process of printing the 4x4 size directly from your phone makes it worth it. 

I usually print some off every few months in a large quantity to save on shipping.  I have consistently been impressed with the prints and speediness of delivery. 

So once you get your prints in your hands, what do you do with them?  I've collected quite a few over the past few years and am still trying to find ways to display them that doesn't involve storing them all in a box in the closet. 


For the majority of the prints, I just stack them in one of these cute little containers.  I found this peach one at Target a few years ago.  I like the idea that they're put away, but also available if someone wants to flip through them. 


My favorite display option has been this photo tree, though.  I talked more about it here.  It was so easy to make.  We found a few tree branches in our backyard and painted them.  Then I just used clothespins to hang up the photos.  It's an easy way to have a revolving display of up to date photos in our house.




Do you have any photo printing apps you like?  What's your favorite way to display photos in your home?

17 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the photo tree and also the basket of prints. I have some pictures in an old letterpress tray, but mostly it's traditional photo albums on the shelf, as well as some Project Life ones that I love. I haven't been very good at keeping up with that lately though. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you like Project Life? I was thinking of trying that, too, but I'm not sure I'll actually do it. Pretty much just putting pictures onto a tree or into a basket are the only things I can make the effort to do:) I always have grandiose ideas, but then don't make the time for it. Maybe soon:) Hope you're having a great day, CJ!

      Delete
  2. Your place is so so cute! I love it. I keep saying I'm going to get prints made, but I just need to take the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jessica!! It's definitely a work in progress:) I probably need to order another round of prints soon so that I can delete a bunch of pictures from my phone. My phone is so full that I can't even update to the newest ios. Oops! Even though I back my pictures up, I still have such a hard time letting them go from my phone. Hope you're having a great day, friend!!

      Delete
  3. I love this! I just printed pictures from our trip and was bummed to have to print hem in the standard 4x6, definitely adding this app now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I live in Trinidad, this won't be an option for me. However, I do print some of my pictures. I go to a local photography studio to get them done. I am always looking for cute ways to display them and that little container and the tree is such a clever and creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tami! They're both an easy and cheap option, which is a win-win:) Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete
  5. I LOOVVEEE that you use actual prints! That is so freaking cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cuuuute is that photo tree?! And your house, for that matter.
    Are you hosting us all over at your casa for adult slushies soon?! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recommendation! I was wondering if I could make prints like that!

    My friend as a basket of Polaroids next to her couch, and I always love going through them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I see these Instagram prints, I'm always in love with how freaking cool they look! It's always so much better to have something in your hands rather than scrolling through a screen - especially your favourites that you'll love looking back on over time.

    I'll have to check this one out! Thanks for sharing, lovely lady xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I swear you read my mind, because I was wondering how I could print off some of my Instagram photos recently, and now my problems are solved!! Thanks girl!! And omg, could you have a cuter home? Bring on those adult snowcones and a home tour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to try it! I loved seeing your old pictures because I remember you blogging about them. :) I always try to cut back on taking so many pictures, but in the end, it's better to have more pictures than regrets, right?? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh these are so cute! I love how you put them in a bin so they can be easily looked through. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Xo Jana

    www.janastyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! I've printed out instagram photos at Walgreens before but the quality wasn't amazing. Can't wait to check out postal pix :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the photo tree! This is so great, I'm always wanting to print my phone pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!