Monday, May 13, 2013

MOTHER'S DAY PICNIC

This weekend was absolutely the best.  My mom is the greatest, so we had not just a day to shower her with love, but a full weekend.  It was filled with family, fun, and delicious drinks.  A perfect combination.  On Saturday, we all met up at a beautiful lake that my brother knew of.   Despite the wind, it was a pretty nice day out.  We wanted a festive picnic, so I made these streamer poles to add a little bit of color. 
My brother and me in our Ray-bans

My nephew, dressed as a cowboy, fished for a while, Wade concocted some delicious drinks, and we just enjoyed the day.  It filled my heart to the brim to be able to spend time with everyone and relax. 
I hope my mom knows just how much she is loved.  She does so much for all of us, without ever asking for anything in return.  Her love knows no bounds, and I wouldn’t be the person I am today without her.  She is my mother and best friend.  I truly don’t know what I would do without her.  I love you, Mom!
Pictures of the rest of the festivities to follow...

3 comments:

  1. Awww...what a fun outing to celebrate your mom. The streamers were a good idea on your part. Made it more festive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably get tired of hearing me say this, but I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!! You've always been so close, and I admire that! I love the streamers! You are such an incredible woman, Kari. I'm so glad I get to call you my best friend. It must be nice having a bartender for a hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!