Tuesday, May 28, 2013

OUT AND ABOUT IN MINNESOTA: LINDEN HILLS

Sorry it’s been so quiet around these parts.  We’re on our way back from an extended weekend in Minnesota visiting family.  It was a non-stop whirlwind trip with lots of celebration—a vow renewal, a baptism, and a stop in the little town where my great grandparents lived. 
Stepping in to my aunt and uncle’s home brought back so many wonderful childhood memories.  It was as if I could hear the soft echo of all the stories that had been told, the secrets that were sworn to be kept, and the constant laughter amongst my siblings and cousins.  I’m fortunate to be so close with my cousins, and it’s amazing to see them all grown up with their own amazing lives and families now. 
As a fun addition to my usual OUT AND ABOUT series in Kansas City, the next few posts will be about the fun places we visited in Minnesota.  First up is the cute neighborhood of Linden Hills.  My cousin just bought a beautiful condo there that is walking distance from the nearby lake and next to a still functioning trolley line.  After looking around her new place, we walked down to the lake and then over to the adorable little shopping area in the neighborhood.
What did you do over Memorial Day weekend?  Any fun adventures?

2 comments:

  1. Kari, I am absolutely in love with the last picture! You are beautiful! Wade needs to frame this!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!