Wednesday, August 28, 2013

SUPERHERO BIRTHDAY PARTY

Over the weekend, we went to my nephew's superhero-themed 4th birthday party.  My brother and sister-in-law really outdid themselves.  Balloon arch, giant water slide, zip line, and even Batman made an appearance.  It was the coolest party.  And what made it even cooler was that adults could take a turn on the zip line.  If you follow me on Instagram (adventurelog), you probably saw my crazed expression as I glided (not so) gracefully through the air.

Aren't the decorations cool?  The details were what amazed me.  Then out of the smoke, Batman emerged...
I'll let you in on a little secret...Batman is really my brother in a deluxe, super high quality costume:)
Supergirl was even walking around
Who knew Batman and Superman were such good friends?
So stoic

I can't believe he's 4 already.  I remember when he was a baby and threw up (spit up) on me every single time I held him (every.single.time).  I think my brother needs to take this show on the road and make some extra cash doing kid parties all around town.  They are quite the superhero family.

The only downside was that it was so hot out.  After a pleasant summer, we're sure making up for it this past week.  I mean, look at their dog.  Poor little guy.  Could his tongue be hanging out any more?  And Batman's eye makeup?  Forget about it.  It was running down his chiseled mask.
All in all, it was a great day for a great little guy.  Can't wait to see what they come up with next year!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like such great fun!!! I love American kids parties. Coming from a traditional Mexican family, we actually don't party like that unfortunately. Kids parties are all about inviting your adult friends and drinking beer. I kid you not. That's how all of our parties were. Just a bunch of adults hanging out in the yard and a few kids to play with. The only fun in Mexican parties is cake and the pinata, because a party isn't a party without a pinata. Haha. Don't judge us to harshly though. At least we got parties and presents <---which is really why you invite adults. :/

    Being more Americanized myself I can NOT wait to have kids. I love crafts and costumes and fun so I hope to throw them some kick ass KIDS parties where its all about them.

    I love your brother for being such an awesome dad and not only throwing an awesome party but for dressing up for his son. That is SO cool. I actually didn't see you instagram picture but am about to go hunt it down. :p

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that party looks utterly amazing. Such a great outdoor space for children. And I can imagine how much time and effort went into planning it. He's a lucky boy I think. A shame it was so hot - I bet the water slide was popular. I think I would have been on that myself! That poor little doggie, I hope it's cooler for you all now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww the superhero themed party seems so much fun, I'm sure your nephew had a blast. they did an amazing job with the theme too!

    xo, Carla
    Little Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great party! I love the cake and the zip line was an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply an awesome superhero themed party it was! Later this year, I’ll be throwing a grand party on my son’s birthday and for that going to reserve one of best venues Chicago. Hoping to plan equally awesome party.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!