Monday, September 8, 2014

BOOZY SNOW CONE BASH = BEST NIGHT


To understand how this party came about, a little backstory is necessary.

This past Christmas, I asked for a $15 Slushy Magic Slush Cup.  I saw it on TV and believed the claim that it would turn any drink into a slushie. 

When I anxiously checked my stocking Christmas morning, it was no where to be found. 

There was a large package in the corner of the room, though.  I opened it and found an industrial sized snow cone machine (similar to this).  In Wade's mind, that dinky magic slush cup wouldn't work.  Instead, we needed something that would last for years and years and fill our home with unlimited snow cones. 

As you can imagine, we really hadn't used the snow cone machine too much.  Needing to prove this purchase wasn't a complete waste, I decided to throw a boozy snow cone party with some of my blogger friends.  Because who would truly appreciate a boozy snow cone more than them?


Throwing a party always seems like a great idea until you actually start putting it together.  Then it gets really overwhelming.  At least for me it does.  That's why I was so lucky to have the help of Meg and Elle.  They came over early to help set up everything and along with others, brought lots of delicious food and deserts.  Elle also made a delicious sangria that we had to try out before everyone else arrived.  Find the recipe on her blog


Meg and I made the snow cone syrup a few days before the party.  We thought that we needed so much syrup, but a little goes a long way.  I'll be sharing our recipes later this week.  It was my first time making simple syrup, and I think it was a success.  Meg handled the boozy part of the snow cones.  She made them so well that I may have forgotten to take any more pictures of the snow cones:) 


We also set up a flower crown making station that was a lot of fun and super easy to do (I'll be showing a tutorial soon on the blog).  The best part, though, was just having everyone together and getting to know each other more. 



 And then we took the party outside.

From left to right: Alexandra from Alex After Five; Meg from Life of Meg; Elle from The Clean Project; Me; Jessica from Refining Juhls; Jess from 26 and Not Counting; Alissa from The Adored Life

Thank you to everyone who helped make this party so magical and brought delicious things to share.  I feel so fortunate to have met these stellar ladies and look forward to many more get togethers in the future (so does Maisy:)


p.s. I'm linking up to Meg's Mingle Monday link party.  Stop by to meet some new blogger friends!





9 comments:

  1. You pictures turned out great! Thanks again for inviting us all over to your home :) I hope Maisey has recovered from me holding her! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she loved you holding her! She just gets weird and squeamish sometimes. She does it to me all the time, too:) It was such a great night! Thank you for coming!!

      Delete
  2. You are so fun Kari! This looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginny! It was a lot of fun! Next time you're in KC, stop by for boozy snow cones:) Hope you're having a great day!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh so fun! Glad you finally got to put that machine to use :)!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You keep making me want boozy snow cones in the middle of the day, Kari :) Glad you had a fun party with some bloggers. How cool! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting this great party. Wade is a great photographer, these photos turned out great! Hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a sweet and fun group of ladies! You are the best party hostess ... all you needed was me there to start cleaning up after everyone at 10pm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT photos! You + Wade make the world's best team! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!